Today I finally got to moving the .net 3.5 port of the DownStream project to CodePlex. I renamed it to be more descriptive: DBFile
Hard to believe I wrote that almost 5 years ago … man time flies.
So far I haven’t really added too much to the code, but I did combine the stored procedure and static sql providers into a single SqlServer provider with a property that can be set to determine which way to access the table.
Some of the things on my list to add/fix are:
- Some sense of a directory – so multiple versions of the same file name can be handled (currently only the filename is kept … meaning extracting multiple files with the same name are a problem right now).
- More information about the file so I can create a view that looks like a file system from the db table
- Ability to zip multiple files
- Ability to extract multiple files
- Additional utility class named DBDirectory (or something like that) to provide Directory type functionality